Copy and paste all of the text below into a new blog post.
Blog Post Title : Te Reo, Term 4 2016.
This term we have been learning all about the Marae. We have learned that…….
- The Marae is an important focal point for the community.
- The Marae is a place where tradition and customs can be carried out.
- The Marae is a place where people can express their values with dignity.
- There are many kawa ( protocols) that prevail on the marae.
- Marae kawa (protocols) can differ between maraes and iwi.
We have focused on some key concepts when doing this learning.
These are listed and explained in the table below.
give the meaning of these concepts in your own words.
The way we do things.
The Welcoming ceremony on a marae.
The people with relation to the marae.
Visitors that visit a marae.
Like a home base for the marae.
Relationships, friendships and making people feel like they belong.
Caring for people's well being.
Love, for each other.
See this video for an explanation of the roles and responsibilities of people on a marae.
Something I would like to learn more about the marae is how exactly a powhiri works.